The Parish Centre
This was originally the school building on the site. It opened in January 1868, replacing the original school which had existed in two cottages since 1843. It was extended by the addition of an infants’ classroom in 1894 but by the late 1920s had become completely out-of-date and was replaced by a new building in 1936.
It was used afterwards by the Catholic Mens Club until it reverted to school use in the 1950s to alleviate overcrowding.
It again became redundant when a new infants department was opened in the Rectory grounds in 1981 but after refurbishment was used as a Parish Hall.
A later refurbishment in 2009 converted the whole building into the Parish Centre.